Friday, September 13, 2013

Upcycled Tube Sock Wine Bottle Cozy Koozies!!!


Although, I can't take full credit for this original upcycled "idea", I am excited to share with you my very own handmade upcycled wine bottle cozies made out of recycled tube socks! Hooray! This DIY gift is so much fun and so very easy! My grandmother's (aka: "Nana") birthday is coming up and my sister (Andrea of Storybook Artifact) and I always love to get her a bottle of wine; typically a chardonnay with a cute wine label featuring a sexy little French lady or something else sassy! To make her gift a little more "embellished", I like to make her a wine bottle cozy fashioned from an old tube sock that has been missing its mate...or perhaps its "lover"; therefore I give it a "newfound love" which is the receiver of the gift! Haha!

The wine bottle sock cozy featured above is made from a cotton navy blue tube sock that I adorned with a hand-sewn flower shaped typography printed applique...it was so simple! All this wine bottle tube sock cozy needs is a ribbon, piece of string, or a matching scrap piece of fabric to tie off the top into a pretty little bow and then it will be ready for gift giving!


Pictured above is another upcycled wine bottle cozy that I made out of a sock! Although, this one is not made from a tube sock; instead I used a long sock and brought the base of the wine bottle up above the heel of the sock and cut a straight line across. I then hand-sewed a straight seam and stitched on a handmade heart-shaped applique that I fashioned out of an old red bandana! The bow is also a piece of fabric scrap from the bandana.


Don't have any spare socks?! What about making your own upcycled wine bottle cozy out of soft sweater sleeves?! These two Etsy shops (featured above and below) are doing just that! Please check out their delightful boutiques!


Are you looking for a gift to pair up with your upcycled cozy wrapped wine or liquor bottle?! What about a piece of wine or liquor inspired wall art?! Check out these beautiful pieces from my sister Andrea's shop "Storybook Artifact", my "Eco-Friendly Freckles" shop, and "LaOohLaLa Boutique" which is my new "sister shop"!